Another fun week! Aside from the week’s worth of exhausting online applications I completed…hopefully I’ll find something soon!
Last year, Pheroze won comedy night tickets and three sets of tickets to opening night movies at Tinseltown by entering online contests. Well, he brought his online luck with him to London I think! He won tickets to “Romance by Candlelight” piano concert at St. Martin in the Fields (the old church with the crypt in the basement) through some online contest. We absolutely went! We arrived early so we could check out Trafalgar Square which we had both seen before years ago but not at night. It was gorgeous! And the piano concert was fantastic as well. Candles adorned all of the church’s pillars and window sills and the lights on the chandeliers were dimmed during the performance for a very calming ambience. Really, really beautiful. We hope we go to another concert there some day.
Here are some of the pics we took in Trafalgar Square before the concert.
| National Gallery in the background |
| St Martin in the Fields behind me (where the piano concert was) |
| Pheroze mesmerized by the water and lights haha |
Below: here's a couple pics from the intermission at the piano concert. Me again!
The rest of our week was actually pretty busy. We went to yoga together for the first time on Thursday. I’m not gonna lie – it was very challenging for me as I seem to have very poor balance (or the strength that it requires to retain the balance I guess). And it didn’t help assuming the front and centre position in the room! It made me feel better when I heard a loud thud behind me and the instructor went, "oops!". the experience overall was enjoyable for sure and there were lots of other beginners so I’ll be back again this week.
We also have this cinema of sorts in our residence which shows movies once or twice a week in the evening. We saw The Pursuit of Happyness this week which we had seen before…but is definitely re-watchable material! My favourite line: “You’re a good papa” (awww!).
![]() |
| This tiny picture is all that came up when I googled the line. Makes me wanna cry just looking at it. |
One night this week we went to a Moroccan dinner for post-grads. Which again, was very fun. It was 5 pounds for a three course meal and a glass of wine. Every sort of package deal here seems to come with booze. Which we think is a great idea. Not really sure why that is though. In this case, maybe to make up for the nasty maraschino cherry rice pudding they served for dessert?? Nobody was too sure it constituted a “course” as most of these bowls were left untouched at the end of the night. After trying the pudding, it actually felt a little like being on that wonderful show, Just for Laughs Gags, looking around at others bringing their dessert back to their tables, excitedly dipping in and then the resultant dismayed expressions haha.
We headed west on Friday night to meet up with Brandon & Laura at a cozy little wine bar and east on Saturday night to meet up with Ingrid, Mike and my half/second cousin (not exactly sure what the relationship is called) Tim and Alysha for a belated super duper Thanksgiving dinner which was so delicious and very entertaining as well! And Sunday we took it easy in the morning and headed over to the National Gallery for the afternoon and covered a few rooms of paintings…we’ll definitely be back for more another day. The thing I love most about this gallery is that is has so many masterpieces from this board game my family had when I was growing up called “Masterpiece”. It’s an auction game that I didn’t learn how to play – I just looked at the auction pictures. Anyways, I really enjoyed pointing out the “masterpieces” to Pheroze. There must be at least 10 masterpieces at the gallery from that game. Pretty nifty? I also really enjoyed deciding what painting was our favourite painting before leaving each room. I don’t think we ever agreed.
![]() |
| And here is a picture of the game I found on the internet. Looks like an exciting game? |
Now, if only I could be as lucky at finding jobs this week as Pheroze is at winning online contests!


I LOVE that you started this blog!! I feel like I'm in London with you (the red haired third wheel). The yoga "oops" and cherry rice pudding stories made me chuckle out loud. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteOh I love that there is a comment section at the bottom which I just became aware of! Miss you too! Come visit me!
ReplyDeletesounds like an amazing time Sash - London is soo beautiful! Good luck with the job hunt - they are lucky to have you there! xox
ReplyDeletehahah Sash, you are pretty funny in text form eh? hahah keep up the good work my friend, i need a little giggle here and there. Sounds like you guys are having a good time!
ReplyDelete